There are two sides to every story. When the prosecution evidence serves CCTV evidence, how do you get the full picture?
CCL has been providing digital evidence services to Criminal Defence Solicitors for many years, and is one of the most trusted names in this field.
A complete CCTV analysis service
Our CCTV capability is second-to-none – both in terms of the powerful technology we use, to the extensive skillset of our CCTV department. Combined with this, our experience of working with Defence Solicitors means we can provide you with the support you need to put it into context.
Broadly, our services to criminal defence solicitors include:
- Reviewing, editing and compiling of CCTV footage disclosed by the prosecution (this may show events in a different context)
- Image enhancement, height analysis, pixelation, clothing and vehicle comparison subtitling and other evidence enhancement techniques
- Proactive analysis of other CCTV footage (where available), not used by the prosecution, which could enhance your client’s case
What we can analyse
CCL can analyse CCTV from any system, whether we are provided with footage exported from the device (on CD/DVD etc) or even the device itself.
It is more than likely that the prosecution will have viewed the footage, edited it down and presented the relevant sections. This means that there could be a large amount of additional evidence, which may put your client’s story into context. CCL can advise on the best way forward, and provide edited, compiled video for use in court.
If CCTV exists which the prosecution has not been able to view, and which could support your client’s case, CCL can extract and present this. There’s not been a format of CCTV that we have yet been unable to view.
What we provide
Our CCTV services are summarised in two sections, standard and enhanced:
Standard CCTV services
- Capture/Extraction of CCTV footage from proprietary systems & software DVD compilations
- Highlighting and pixelation
- Standard enhancement (brightness, contrast etc)
- Speed correction
- Slow motion
- Editing of ABE interviews
- Format conversion
- Subtitling and annotation
- De-multiplexing analogue systems (singling out individual cameras)
- Clothing/object comparison
- Firearms comparison
- Vehicle comparison
- Height Estimation
- Advanced image enhancement and clarification
- Still prints
- Audio enhancement
- Voice comparison
- Voice disguising
- Facial identification
- Gait analysis
CCL provides itself on being able to accommodate urgent requests for CCTV analysis, and we will endeavour to complete your urgent requests in as shorter time as possible.
If you have a particular deadline for a case, please let us know at the outset, and we can inform you of an estimated completion date.
No two CCTV requirements are the same, and CCL is committed to fully understanding your case and your client’s story from the outset. We have a team who specialise in working with Criminal Defence solicitors – and they are on hand to discuss the specifics of your case, and how we can help.
All quotations for CCTV analysis work are provided within LSC guidelines, and we are a well respected provider of these services, so securing prior authority needn’t be a hassle.
For more information, or for a no obligation discussion about our CCTV services for the defence, please contact us here, or call 01789 261200.